Together: Striving for Excellence
Doing the Right Thing
Brooks Elementary School will instill in its students a love of learning and promote a desire for continuous improvement among all stakeholders in the education process.
The mission of Brooks Elementary
School is to strive for excellence by providing a
safe and nurturing environment
that is focused on improving academic performance.
Our dedication to provide a multitude
of opportunities that meet the needs of a diverse society
is instrumental in developing
responsible citizens and lifelong achievers.
- We believe in meeting student's needs through differentiated instruction,
varied teaching techniques, and developmentally appropriate learning activities.
- We believe that students should be motivated, challenged, and encourage to
recognize and show progress toward meeting academic goals.
- We believe that the school must maintain safe and friendly classroom environments
where teachers can develop a positive relationship with students in a warm,
- We believe that our school should provide opportunities for growth in student
responsibility, respect, ownership, self-awareness, character, and integrity
by promoting clear, consistent expectations for both academics and behavior.
- We believe parents, students, and teachers are a team that should take
responsibility for promoting respect and developing positive attitudes.
- We believe children should be held accountable for their learning with the
support of their families and teachers.
Parental Notice of
Right to Know Teacher Qualifications
|As required by the No Child Left Behind Act, the Fayette
County School System advises parents that they may request, and the
school will provide in a timely manner, information regarding the
professional qualifications of your child's classroom teachers,
including the following:
- Whether the teacher has met state certification criteria for the
grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or provisional
status through which state certification has been waived.
- The degrees earned by the teacher and the field of certification
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and,
if so, their qualifications.
Please contact the school principal at your child's school if you
wish to request such information.